For a year or so I've wanted to find a better way to hang my prints on the wall, rather than the limited range of colours and styles you can buy from most stores. I also wanted to offer something a bit more premium, and with a bit more soul.
So I decided to learn how to make my own hand-made frames, produced individually for each print from locally sourced wood. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't made more than my fair share of mistakes early on - but there's something incredibly satisfying about the process - cutting the timber, carving out the inlays, slowly treating the wood over a couple of days to get a really beautiful finish.
So to celebrate the launch of the new frames, I'll be giving away an A3 print of choice, mounted in a hand-made frame to suit. To enter just follow my Facebook page, share the competition post and add a comment (on the original post so that I can keep track of entries) saying where you think is the most beautiful place in St Andrews.
The competition winner will be chosen on 15 December (perfect surprise Christmas present!)
2019 Framed Print Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary.
3. To enter the competition, share the competition post on Facebook and comment on the original post with your favourite place in St Andrews.
4. Only one entry will be accepter per person.
5. Closing date for entry will be 14 December. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
7. The winner will be chosen by a random process, which will be filmed.
8. The winner will be notified by Facebook in a direct message within 48 hours of the draw. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
9. Collection or delivery of the prize within St Andrews will be free. If outside St Andrews the winner will be asked to cover postage costs only.
10. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.